Offered in welded and bolt-up designs construction, Federal Screen’s support grids are available in a variety of framing options and designs, from one piece construction to multiple sections. This is offered mainly for easy on-site assembly, retrofitting and enabling screen to fit through existing manways. These self-supporting structures have exceptional resistance to collapsing or buckling even in operations where screens must withstand extremely high loads. Media Support Grids fabricated with wedge wire are the best choice when dealing with retaining media in vessels of all types.
Additional support structure can be offered depending of system requirements.
Better in every way
In comparison with wire mesh and perforated metal, wedge wire continuous slot screens have more open area, have very precise openings, are stronger and more durable, are virtually non-clogging and reduce media abrasion.
Wire mesh and grating may be less expensive initially, but wedge wire screens offer easier installation and long-term operating and cost benefits.
Custom designed and manufactured
Our wedge wire grids have great design flexibility and can be constructed in a wide variety of shapes, sizes and from a variety of corrosion resistant alloys such as type 304LSS, 316LSS and nickel alloys such as C-276 just to name a few. Any process or vessel requirements can be accommodated, such as vertical or horizontal vessels, pie-shaped screen segments with or without manway or other ports in the screens.
Benefits of our support grids include:
- Continuous slot design provides increased open area for better collection
- Stronger, more durable due to wedge wire’s self-supporting structure
- Wide range of profile wires are available to suit most applications
- Non-clogging: the continuous slot formed by the V-shaped surface wires ensures a two-point contact between the particles and the slot which minimizes clogging
- High-precision slot sizes slot sizes are available to meet customer's requirements
- V-shaped surface wires allow easy cleaning
- Low pressure-drop
- Additional supports are often utilized to accommodate extreme load conditions.
- Provide superior solid/liquid separation
- Minimize cross-contamination
- Offer low maintenance
- Corrosive resistant (see material list)
Typical Industries for use
Once we receive your request we will contact you within 48 hours.
Federal Screen’s support grids are available in a variety of framing options and designs, from one piece construction to multiple sections.
Can't find the support grid you need?
We specialize in custom manufacturing. Our sales, engineering and production teams have the experience to manufacture what you need to the highest degree of excellence. Keeping all work in house allows us to offer accuracy and consistency. Federal Screen has the unique capabilities to build onto our manufacturing processes, reviewing, adjusting key parts of our manufacturing process catering to our work flow value and type.